Advanced Molecular Detection Clips
About Advanced Molecular Detection Clips
Clips are selected weekly from a variety of sources, including PubMed, journal tables of contents, and online media. Special emphasis is given to the use of next-generation genetic sequencing in infectious disease public health surveillance, investigation, and development of new diagnostics and interventions. The collection is not comprehensive but aims to capture highlights, while surveying a wide range of topics. CDC-authored articles are flagged. Items marked I&E address aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice.
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Content
- NY State Department of Health Begins Incorporating WGS for Influenza Surveillance
Heger M. GenomeWeb, Apr 26, 2016.
- Canada's Public Health Agency Devises Mass Spec Method for Typing E Coli
Bonislawski A. GenomeWeb, Apr21, 2016.
- Illinois E. anophelis cluster unrelated to Wisconsin outbreak
Healio, Apr 21, 2016.
- Aiming for Quick, Cheap Diagnosis
GenomeWeb, Apr 22, 2016.
EVENTS / TRAINING / WEB RESOURCES
- Applications of Clinical Microbial Next-Generation Sequencing
(report) American Society for Microbiology, Feb 2016.
- Achieving a bold vision for global health: Policy solutions to advance global health R&D.
(report) Global Health Technologies Coalition. Apr 20, 2016.
CONCEPTS / COMMENTS
- Engineering Coronaviruses to Evaluate Emergence and Pathogenic Potential.
Lau Susanna K P et al. Trends in microbiology 2016 Apr
- Zika Virus Focuses the Gain-of-Function Debate
Imperiale MJ, Casadevall A. mSphere 2016; 1(2):e00069-16
- Bacterial genomics: Microbial GWAS coming of age
Falush D. Nat Microbiol, Apr 26, 2016.
- Antimicrobial resistance diagnostics: time to call in the young?
Syed SN, et al. Lancet Infect Dis 2016;16:519?521.
- High definition for systems biology of microbial communities: metagenomics gets genome-centric and strain-resolved.
Turaev Dmitrij et al. Current opinion in biotechnology 2016 Apr 174-181
METHODS / TOOLS
- Centralizing content and distributing labor: a community model for curating the very long tail of microbial genomes.
Putman Tim E et al. Database : the journal of biological databases and curation 2016
- Misguided phylogenetic comparisons using DGGE excised bands may contaminate public sequence databases.
Pylro Victor Satler et al. Journal of microbiological methods 2016 Apr
- The effect of genetic structure on molecular dating and tests for temporal signal.
Murray Gemma G R et al. Methods in ecology and evolution / British Ecological Society 2016 Jan (1) 80-89
- From Sample to Multi-Omics Conclusions in under 48 Hours
Quinn RA, et al. mSystems, Apr 26, 2016.
- Bacterial Genomic Data Analysis in the Next-Generation Sequencing Era.
Orsini Massimiliano et al. Methods in molecular biology (Clifton, N.J.) 407-422
- From data repositories to submission portals: rethinking the role of domain-specific databases in CollecTF.
Kiliç Sefa et al. Database : the journal of biological databases and curation 2016
- Visual programming for next-generation sequencing data analytics
Milicchio F, et al. BioData Mining, Apr 27, 2016.
- The population and functional genomics of the Neisseria revealed with gene-by-gene approaches.
Maiden Martin C J et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
- Comparison of matrix-based and filter paper-based systems for transport of plasma for HIV-1 RNA quantification and amplicon preparation for genotyping.
Levine Molly et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
- Does choice matter? Reference-based alignment for molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis.
Lee Robyn S et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
EVOLUTION / ECOLOGY / POPULATIONS
- Do Staphylococcus epidermidis genetic clusters predict isolation sources?
Tolo Isaiah et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
- From Mosquitos to Humans: Genetic Evolution of Zika Virus.
Wang Lulan et al. Cell host & microbe 2016 Apr
- Zika Virus Outbreak in Haiti in 2014: Molecular and Clinical Data.
Lednicky John et al. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2016 Apr (4) e0004687
- Molecular Insights into Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus.
Zivcec Marko et al. Viruses 2016 (4)
- Extensive viable Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) coronavirus contamination in air and surrounding environment in MERS outbreak units.
Kim Sung-Han et al. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2016 Apr
- A Multi-Site Study of Norovirus Molecular Epidemiology in Australia and New Zealand, 2013-2014.
Lim Kun Lee et al. PloS one (4) e0145254
- Early Detection of Epidemic GII-4 Norovirus Strains in UK and Malawi: Role of Surveillance of Sporadic Acute Gastroenteritis in Anticipating Global Epidemics.
Allen David J et al. PloS one (4) e0146972
- Unusual rotavirus genotypes in humans and animals with acute diarrhoea in Northeast India.
Chakraborty P et al. Epidemiology and infection 2016 Apr 1-10
- Genomic variation in two gametocyte non-producing Plasmodium falciparum clonal lines.
Campino Susana et al. Malaria journal 2016 (1) 229
PATHOGENICITY / ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE
- Unveiling the molecular basis of antimicrobial resistance in Staphylococcus aureus from the Democratic Republic of the Congo using whole genome sequencing.
Phaku Patrick et al. Clinical microbiology and infection : the official publication of the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 2016 Apr
- Description of genomic islands associated to the multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa clone ST277.
Silveira Melise Chaves et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2016 Apr
- Molecular Diversity and Plasmid Analysis of KPC-Producing Escherichia coli.
Chavda Kalyan D et al. Antimicrobial agents and chemotherapy 2016 Apr
- Genetic signatures of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Nonthaburi genotype revealed by whole genome analysis of isolates from tuberculous meningitis patients in Thailand.
Coker Olabisi Oluwabukola et al. PeerJ 2016 e1905
- A point mutation in the polymerase protein PB2 allows a reassortant H9N2 influenza isolate of wild-bird origin to replicate in human cells.
Hussein Islam T M et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2016 Apr
- Deep sequencing of HIV-1 RNA and DNA in newly diagnosed patients with baseline drug resistance showed no indications for hidden resistance and is biased by strong interference of hypermutation.
Dauwe Kenny et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
- Novel Polymerase Gene Mutations for Human Adaptation in Clinical Isolates of Avian H5N1 Influenza Viruses.
Arai Yasuha et al. PLoS pathogens 2016 Apr (4) e1005583
- Prevalent mutator genotype identified in fungal pathogen Candida glabrata promotes multi-drug resistance.
Healey Kelley R et al. Nature communications 2016 11128
DETECTION / DIAGNOSIS
- A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing the Treatment of Patients Tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea After a Rapid Polymerase Chain Reaction Test Versus Standard of Care Testing.
May Larissa et al. Sexually transmitted diseases 2016 May (5) 290-5
- Advantages and Limitations of Direct PCR Amplification of Bacterial 16S-rDNA from Resected Heart Tissue or Swabs Followed by Direct Sequencing for Diagnosing Infective Endocarditis: A Retrospective Analysis in the Routine Clinical Setting.
Maneg Daniela et al. BioMed research international 2016 7923874
- Molecular assessment of bacterial vaginosis by Lactobacillus abundance and species diversity.
Dols Joke A M et al. BMC infectious diseases 2016 (1) 180
- Application of WGS data for O-specific antigen analysis and in silico serotyping of Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates.
Thrane Sandra Wingaard et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
- Towards development of improved serodiagnostics for tularemia using Francisella tularensis proteome microarrays.
Nakajima Rie et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
- Development and Validation of an Improved PCR Method Using the 23S-5S Intergenic Spacer for Detection of Rickettsiae in Dermacentor variabilis Ticks and Tissue Samples from Humans and Laboratory Animals.
Kakumanu Madhavi L et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr (4) 972-9
- Environmental surveillance of viruses by tangential flow filtration and metagenomic reconstruction.
Furtak Vyacheslav et al. Euro surveillance : bulletin Europe´en sur les maladies transmissibles = European communicable disease bulletin 2016 Apr (15)
- Development and Validation of a Quantitative, One-Step, Multiplex, Real-Time RT-PCR Assay for the Detection of Dengue and Chikungunya Viruses.
Simmons Monika et al. Journal of clinical microbiology 2016 Apr
- Next generation sequencing for whole genome analysis and surveillance of influenza A viruses.
McGinnis Jana et al. Journal of clinical virology : the official publication of the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology 2016 Mar 44-50
- A Novel Xenomonitoring Technique Using Mosquito Excreta/Feces for the Detection of Filarial Parasites and Malaria.
Pilotte Nils et al. PLoS neglected tropical diseases 2016 Apr (4) e0004641
EPIDEMIOLOGY / OUTBREAKS / TRANSMISSION
- The International Dimension of the U.S. HIV Transmission Network and Onward Transmission of HIV Recently Imported into the United States.
Wertheim Joel O et al. AIDS research and human retroviruses 2016 Apr
- HIV Drug Resistance Surveillance Among Jamaican Men Who Have Sex with Men Should Be Prioritized for Reducing HIV Transmission.
Collins-Fairclough Aneisha M et al. AIDS research and human retroviruses 2015 Aug (8) 841-4
- The effects of antibiotics on the microbiome throughout development and alternative approaches for therapeutic modulation.
Langdon Amy et al. Genome medicine 2016 (1) 39
- Innate Resistance and Susceptibility to Norovirus Infection.
Nordgren Johan et al. PLoS pathogens 2016 Apr (4) e1005385
- The healthy human microbiome
Lloyd-Price J, et al. Genome Med, Apr 27, 2016.
- The evolution of cooperation within the gut microbiota.
Rakoff-Nahoum Seth et al. Nature 2016 Apr
- Gut microbiota of Type 1 diabetes patients with good glycaemic control and high physical fitness is similar to people without diabetes: an observational study.
Stewart C J et al. Diabetic medicine : a journal of the British Diabetic Association 2016 Apr
- An expansion of rare lineage intestinal microbes characterizes rheumatoid arthritis.
Chen Jun et al. Genome medicine 2016 (1) 43
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario