College eNews - Fall Edition
Fall is officially here. With midterms, homecoming and other fall activities, it can be easy to neglect your health. Stay at your best by putting your health at the top of your list. Use the tips in this update to stay healthy as the semester moves along.
Safe Medication Use Resources
October is Talk about Prescription Month. Learn about the importance of using medicines wisely and the dangers of misusing medicines.
- 3 Tips for Safe Medication Use on Campus
- Order a free Safe Medication Use poster!
- Don’t Double Up on Acetaminophen
- Women and Pain Medicines
Halloween and Fall Activity Safety
The fall season brings many activities like Halloween, homecoming, sorority events, and more. While you prepare to look your best, don’t forget to use make-up and decorative contact lenses safely.
- Lucky 13 Tips for a Safe Halloween
- Decorative Contact Lenses: Dos and Don’ts
- Novelty Make-Up: Painting Your Face
- Cosmetics Safety Tips
Cooking and Food Safety
Looking for an easy and quick meal is often the mission while away at college. Use these tips to stay safe from foodborne illness and accidents.
- 5 Tips for Using Your Microwave Oven Safely
- Juice Safety: What You Need to Know
- 4 Steps for Food Safety
- Food Safety Tips for College Students (USDA)
Hot Topics from FDA
Stay up-to-date on health topics from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.