Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database|AMD Clips|PHGKB
Publication Date: May 17, 2018
About Advanced Molecular Detection Clips
Clips are selected weekly from a variety of sources, including PubMed, journal tables of contents, and online media. Special emphasis is given to the use of next-generation genetic sequencing in infectious disease public health surveillance, investigation, and development of new diagnostics and interventions. The collection is not comprehensive but aims to capture highlights, while surveying a wide range of topics. CDC-authored articles are flagged. Items marked I&E address aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice. View Data Selection Criteria
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Content
- Multi-Omics Approach Uncovers Prognostic Biomarkers for Bloodstream Infections
Gilmore J. GenomeWeb, May 11, 2018.
- UCSF Team Illustrates How Metagenomic Sequencing Can Diagnose Complicated Cases of Meningitis
Heger M. GenomeWeb, Apr 17, 2018.
- $1 Smartphone-Based Test for Infectious Diseases Being Developed
O'Connor L. 360dx, May 10, 2018.
- Molecular typing gives more precise picture of gonorrhea in Europe
Dall C. CIDRAP, May 16, 2018.
- Experimental vaccine to be used against Ebola outbreak in the DRC
Branswell H. STAT, May 13, 2018.
- American Gut Project Reports Microbiome Results for 11K Participants
GenomeWeb, May 15, 2018.
- Citizen Science Microbiome Project Publishes Results
Frontline Genomics, May 16, 2018.
- As D.I.Y. Gene Editing Gains Popularity, Someone Is Going to Get Hurt
Baumgaertner E. New York Times, May 14, 2018.
EVENTS / TRAINING / WEB RESOURCES
METHODS / TOOLS
- Piercing the dark matter: bioinformatics of long-range sequencing and mapping.
Sedlazeck Fritz J et al. Nature reviews. Genetics 2018 Mar
- SHI7 Is a Self-Learning Pipeline for Multipurpose Short-Read DNA Quality Control.
Al-Ghalith Gabriel A et al. mSystems (3)
- A large-scale analysis of bioinformatics code on GitHub
Russell P, et al. bioRxiv, May 18, 2018.
- Next-generation Sequence-analysis Toolkit (NeST): A standardized bioinformatics framework for analyzing Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms in next-generation sequencing data
Ravishankar S, et al. bioRxiv, May 16, 2018.
- Generation and comparative genomics of synthetic dengue viruses.
Goz Eli et al. BMC bioinformatics 2018 May (Suppl 6) 140
- Estimating epidemic incidence and prevalence from genomic data
Vaughn TG, et al. bioRxiv, May 3, 2018.
- American Gut: an Open Platform for Citizen Science Microbiome Research
McDonald D, et al. mSystems, May 15, 2018.
EVOLUTION / ECOLOGY / POPULATIONS
PATHOGENICITY / ANTIMICROBIAL RESISTANCE
EPIDEMIOLOGY / OUTBREAKS / TRANSMISSION
ANTIMICROBIALS / VACCINES / INTERVENTIONS
Note: indicates that at least one CDC-affiliated author; indicates that the article addresses aspects of implementation or evaluation in clinical or public health practice.
Disclaimer: Articles listed in the Advanced Molecular Detection Clips are selected by the CDC Office of Public Health Genomics to provide current awareness of the scientific literature and news. Inclusion in the clips does not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention nor does it imply endorsement of the article's methods or findings. CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the items presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinion, findings and conclusions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Clips, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to publications, news sources, and non-CDC Websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario