- An estimated 100,000 people in the United States are living with sickle cell disease (SCD), an inherited blood disorder.
- Hemoglobinopathies monitoring, including the Sickle Cell Data Collection program, will help scientists better understand the health of people with SCD.
- Health providers and public health partners can access and shareresources that help to improve the lives of those with SCD.
Tips for Healthy Living
Living with sickle cell disease can be a challenge. But there are steps you can take to live the healthiest life possible. Click on one of the tip sheets below to get started.
- Living Well With Sickle Cell Disease
- Living Well With Sickle Cell Disease in College
- Five Tips To Help Prevent Infection
- Emergency Guide: When To See the Doctor
- Tips for Supporting Students with Sickle Cell Disease