Blood Pressure Control
About 70% of US adults, ages 65 or older, have high blood pressure.
Nearly 50% of adults ages 65 or older with high blood pressure don’t have it under control.
About 5 million adults, ages 65 or older, with Medicare Part D aren’t taking their blood pressure medicine as directed.
- Blood Pressure ControlTUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2016
- Making Health Care Safer - Think sepsis. Time matters.TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, 2016
- Motor Vehicle Crash DeathsWEDNESDAY, JULY 6, 2016
- Legionnaires’ DiseaseTUESDAY, JUNE 7, 2016
- ADHD in Young ChildrenTUESDAY, MAY 3, 2016
- Zika and PregnancyFRIDAY, APRIL 1, 2016
About Vital Signs
The CDC Vital Signs monthly report was launched in 2010. It includes a MMWR Early Release, a graphic fact sheet and website, a media release, and social media tools. Most of the materials are available in English and Spanish.
Vital Signs is released the first Tuesday of every month. Issues include colorectal and breast cancer screening, obesity, alcohol and tobacco use, HIV testing, motor vehicle safety, cardiovascular disease, teen pregnancy and healthcare-associated infections, foodborne disease and more.
Please sign up to get Vital Signs each month at Vital Signs. Feel free to share CDC Vital Signs information broadly with your partners. Take advantage of CDC’s social media tools, such as the CDC Vital Signs buttons and email updates. You can have CDC Vital Signs reports sent directly to your own website to display through our content syndication service.