Caring for Every Child's Mental Health
National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day Is May 9, 2012
During National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day on May 9, you can help raise awareness about the importance of children's mental health by sharing information about trauma and resilience in children.
Below are some examples of data points you can share in email messages, email signatures, or social media networks and blogs. If you use Twitter to share this message, or any message about Awareness Day, use the hashtag #HeroesofHope to join the conversation!
Learn More About Supporting National Children's Mental Health Awareness Day
UpdatesSave the date for Awareness Day 2012 — Wednesday, May 9, 2012!
Click here to download the "2011 Short Report: Helping Children and Youth Who Have Experienced Traumatic Events". (PDF - 168 kb)
February 2012 Update
- February 2012 Social Media Message
- Data about children's mental health and trauma
- The American Art Therapy Association has compiled information and materials to help you plan an Awareness Day art activity. (PDF - 256 kb)
- Community Events Planned for 2012
- Are you planning your Awareness Day event or activity for 2012? Use our planning materials
- New resources available from Awareness Day collaborating organizations
- January 2012 Social Media Message
- Click here for a list of Awareness Day 2012 Collaborating Organizations
- Is your organization interested in collaborating for Awareness Day 2012?
- Click here to download the Awareness Day 2012 Pledge Form (PDF - 111 kb)
- Click here to download the official graphic, Web badge, and Save the Date flier for Awareness Day 2012