February 2018 Meeting Recommendations
ACIP approved the following recommendations by majority vote at its February 2018 meeting:
- For the 2018-2019 influenza season, immunization providers are recommended to administer any licensed, age-appropriate influenza vaccine (IIV, RIV, or LAIV). LAIV4 is an option for influenza vaccination for persons for whom it is otherwise appropriate.
- HEPLISAV-B (HepB-CpG) is a Hepatitis B vaccine that may be used to vaccinate persons aged 18 years and older against infection caused by all known subtypes of hepatitis B virus.
- Hepatitis A vaccines should be administered for post-exposure prophylaxis for all persons aged ≥12 months.
- In addition to hepatitis A vaccine, immune globulin may be administered to persons aged >40 years depending on the providers’ risk assessment.
- Hepatitis A vaccine should be administered to infants aged 6-11 months traveling outside the United States when protection against hepatitis A is recommended.
- ACIP adopted an Evidence to Recommendation framework to support ACIP decision making.
These recommendations have been adopted by the CDC Director and will become official once published in MMWR.