February 2018 Meeting Recommendations
ACIP approved the following recommendations by majority vote at its February 2018 meeting:
- For the 2018-2019 influenza season, immunization providers are recommended to administer any licensed, age-appropriate influenza vaccine (IIV, RIV, or LAIV). LAIV4 is an option for influenza vaccination for persons for whom it is otherwise appropriate.
- HEPLISAV-B (HepB-CpG) is a Hepatitis B vaccine that may be used to vaccinate persons aged 18 years and older against infection caused by all known subtypes of hepatitis B virus.
- Hepatitis A vaccines should be administered for post-exposure prophylaxis for all persons aged ≥12 months.
- In addition to hepatitis A vaccine, immune globulin may be administered to persons aged >40 years depending on the providers’ risk assessment.
- Hepatitis A vaccine should be administered to infants aged 6-11 months traveling outside the United States when protection against hepatitis A is recommended.
- ACIP adopted an Evidence to Recommendation framework to support ACIP decision making.
These recommendations have been adopted by the CDC Director and will become official once published in MMWR.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario