College Women's Health
3 Tips for Safe Medication Use on Campus
During high stress times like midterms and finals, you may be tempted to use medicines to help you keep up with your busy schedule. BEWARE! Misusing medicines can be dangerous and even cost you your life.
FDA has tips that every college woman can use. Whether you are a campus leader, college health professional, or parent, use the resources on this webpage to connect young women to health and safety tips. There are also free resources that are perfect for your health center, peer education program or sorority events.
- Medication Safety - Get tips on how to safely use vitamins, pain relievers, and more.
- Beauty - Test your knowledge on cosmetics and get other helpful tips.
- General Health - Learn how to deal with common health concerns.
- Sun Safety - Avoid the dangers of tanning.
- Reproductive Health - Learn the facts about HPV, HIV, and birth control.
- College Women's Social Media Toolkit - Share health tips with your campus community.
- College Women's Campaign - Find out how your school can join. Sign up for email alerts.
Are you taking medicines for a cold, allergies, or sports injury? Learn ways to avoid common medication mistakes.
- NEW Birth Control Chart (En Español)
- 4 Tips for Medication Safety
- Medication Tips Poster (PDF 289KB)
- Your Buzz can take Your Breath Away...Permanently
- Dietary Supplements: What You Need to Know
- Don't Double Up on Acetaminophen
- Allergy Meds Could Affect Your Driving
- Can a Dietary Supplement Treat a Concussion? No!
- Find Information on a Specific Drug
You do a lot every day to look your best. Use these resources to help you stay safe.
- Tips on Eye Make-Up and Other Cosmetics
- NEW How to Safely Use Nail Care Products (video)
- Quiz Yourself. Test your Knowledge on Cosmetics
- Bad Reaction to Cosmetics? Watch this video to find out what to do.
- Know the Risks of Tattoos and Permanent Make-Up
- Think Before You Ink
- Contact Lens Care
Use these tips to help you talk to your doctor or nurse about your health problems.
- NEW 5 Health Tips College Women Need to Know
- Sleep Problems - 8 Tips for Better Sleep
- Quit Smoking Tips
- This Free Life - LGBT Smoking Cessation
Be safe in the sun.
- The ABC's of Sun Protection (video)
- Indoor Tanning: The Risks of UV Rays
- Indoor Tanning and Cancer Risk
Ask your doctor or nurse how to protect yourself.
College Women's Social Media Toolkit
Use the Social Media Toolkit to share health tips with your campus community. The toolkit includes resources for young women including sample social media messages, flyers and blogs posts.
- NEW Social Media Toolkit (1,486 KB)
- Instagram Image (1,946 KB)
- Pinterest Pin: 4 Medication Tips (1,872 KB)
- Pinterest Pin: Makeup Care Tips (2,587 KB)
- Pinterest Pin: Stay Refreshed & Focused (3,744 KB)
College Women's Campaign: Join Us!
Join OWH and over 150 colleges and universities by spreading FDA resources on your campus. Campaign materials are easy to use at your community service events or with your peer health group.
- Have your health center or campus group sign up to join the campaign.
- Request free bulk copies of women's health fact sheets and brochures.
- See a list of participating schools.
Other Resources for College Students
- FDA on Pinterest
- 6 Ways to Start Fresh This Semester from Womenshealth.gov
- College Health and Safety - CDC
- College-Age & Young Adults - NIH National Institute on Drug Abuse
- College Health Information on Medline Plus
- MyPlate on Campus - Healthy Eating Tips for College Students
- Pathways to Federal Careers
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario