The CDC Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base is an online, continuously updated, searchable database of published scientific literature, CDC resources, and other materials that address the translation of genomic discoveries into improved health care and disease prevention. The Knowledge Base, cosponsored by the Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences at the National Cancer Institute, is curated by CDC staff and is regularly updated to reflect ongoing developments in the field. This compendium of databases can be searched for genomics-related information on any specific topic. We will continue to add additional features to the knowledge base and are interested in your feedback via email.
Database Content (Last Updated: Dec-23-2016 2PM)
Genomics & Health Impact Weekly Scan
This weekly update features emerging roles of human genomics, testing and interventions in a wide variety of noncommunicable diseases across the life span, including, birth defects, newborn screening, reproductive health, childhood diseases, cancer, chronic diseases, pharmacogenomics, family health history, guidelines and recommendations. The weekly sweep also includes news, reviews, commentaries, tools and databases.
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips
Advanced Molecular Detection(AMD) Clips are selected weekly from a variety of sources, including PubMed, journal tables of contents, and online media. Special emphasis is given to the use of next-generation genetic sequencing in public health surveillance, investigation, and development of new diagnostics and interventions. The collection is not comprehensive but aims to capture highlights, while surveying a wide range of topics. CDC-authored articles are flagged.
CDC Information Database
This database includes general CDC public health information on specific diseases and health related topics. When available, the database displays genomic information from various CDC web pages. Users are also encouraged to conduct searches of CDC website for additional information.
CDC-Authored Genomics Publication Database (Distribution and Trend)
This database contains CDC-authored scientific publications on genomics-related topics, and includes articles on infectious diseases, reproductive health, newborn screening, birth defects, developmental disabilities, genetic testing, chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes, environmental and occupational health, laboratory methods, bioinformatics, and statistical methods.
Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database (Distribution and Trend)
This database includes published scientific literature on evidence-based translation of genomic discoveries into improved health care and disease prevention that have a potential impact on population health. The focus is on non-communicable diseases across the life span and features information on topics that include reproductive health, birth defects, newborn screening, chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes, pharmacogenomics, and family health history, guidelines and recommendations.
Guidelines Database (Distribution and Trend)
This database contains current guidelines, policies, and recommendations on genomic research and practice from professional organizations, federal advisory groups, expert panels, and policy groups.
Tier Table Database (Distribution and Trend)
This database contains currently available genetic and genomic tests and family health history, classified into Tiers 1-3 by level of evidence. Tier 1 genomic and family health history applications have a base of synthesized evidence supporting implementation into practice. Tier 2 genomic and family health history applications have synthesized evidence that is insufficient to support routine implementation in practice; however, existing evidence may provide information for informed decision making by providers and patients. Tier 3 genomic and family health history applications either have synthesized evidence culminating in recommendations against use (or discouraging use), OR no relevant synthesized evidence was identified. Tier 3 applications are not ready for routine practice, but may be considered in clinical and population research.
Implementation Database (Distribution and Trend)
The Implementation database focuses on state and national activities that integrate genomics into public health programs and clinical practice. Results can be filtered by state, condition, and resource type (data, programs, education, policy, tools, and general information). Please let us know about new efforts so that we can keep the information current!
Advanced Molecular Detection Clips Database (Distribution and Trend)
This database includes published scientific literature, popular press articles, tools, and databases on the emerging role of pathogen genomics and host-pathogen interactions in infectious disease control and prevention. It includes information on methods, evolution and pathogenicity, detection and diagnosis, outbreaks, epidemiology and transmission, antimicrobials, and vaccines and host-pathogen interactions. The database contains items from all previous weekly editions of Advanced Molecular Detection Clips, as well as from the current edition. Clips are selected weekly from a variety of sources, including PubMed, journal tables of contents, and online media.
Human Genome Epidemiology (HuGE) Navigator (Distribution and Trend)
The HuGE (Human Genome Epidemiology) Literature Finder is a search engine for finding published scientific literature on human genome epidemiology, including information on population prevalence of genetic variants, gene-disease associations, and gene-gene and gene- environment interactions. The search query can include disease/outcome, environmental factors, genes, author's name, and affiliation. By using the filter, users can further refine search results. The list of selected articles can be redirected to the PubMed website to take advantage of the functionality provided by PubMed, such as uploading to reference software.
The knowledge base also includes a list of external databases that users may find useful in searching for information on clinical, public health and genomics health related issues. Customized search results will appear when users search the Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base.
Scientific Publications Related to PHGKB
- Yu W, Gwinn M, Dotson WD, Green RF, Clyne M, Wulf A, Bowen S, Kolor K, Khoury MJ. A knowledge base for tracking the impact of genomics on population health Genet Med. 2016 Jun 9. doi: 10.1038/gim.2016.63. [Epub ahead of print]
- Genomics and Health Impact Bloag Posted on November 4, 2015 by Muin J. Khoury and Wei Yu, Dealing with the Genomics and Health Information Overload: Introducing the CDC Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base
- Clyne M, Schully SD, Dotson WD, Douglas MP, Gwinn M, Kolor K, Wulf A, Bowen MS, Khoury MJ. Horizon scanning for translational genomic research beyond bench to bedside. Genet Med. 2014 Jan 9.
- Dotson WD, Douglas MP, Kolor K, Stewart AC, Bowen MS, Gwinn M, Wulf A, Anders HM, Chang CQ, Clyne M, Lam TK, Schully SD, Marrone M, Feero WG, Khoury MJ. Prioritizing genomic applications for action by level of evidence: a horizon-scanning method. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2014 Apr;95(4):394-402.
- Yu W, Yesupriya A, Wulf A, Hindorff LA, Dowling N, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. GWAS Integrator: a bioinformatics tool to explore human genetic associations reported in published genome-wide association studies. Eur J Hum Genet. 2011 Oct;19(10):1095-9.
- Yu W, Clyne M, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. Phenopedia and Genopedia: Disease-centered and Gene-centered Views of the Evolving Knowledge of Human Genetic Associations. Bioinformatics. 2010 Jan 1;26(1):145-6. Epub 2009 Oct 27.
- Yu W, Ned R, Wulf A, Liu T, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. The need for genetic variant naming standards in published abstracts of human genetic association studies. BMC Res Notes. 2009 Apr 14; 2:56.
- Yu W, Clyne M, Dolan SM, Yesupriya A, Wulf A, Liu T, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. GAPscreener: an automatic tool for screening human genetic association literature in PubMed using the support vector machine technique. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008 Apr 22;9:205.
- Yu W, Gwinn M, Clyne M, Yesupriya A, Khoury MJ. A navigator for human genome epidemiology. Nat Genet. 2008 Feb;40(2):124-5.
- Yu W, Wulf A, Liu T, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. Gene Prospector: an evidence gateway for evaluating potential susceptibility genes and interacting risk factors for human diseases. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008 Dec 8; 9:528.
- Yu W, Yesupriya A, Wulf A, Qu J, Gwinn M, Khoury MJ. An automatic method to generate domain-specific investigator networks using PubMed abstracts. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 2007 Jun 20;7(1):17.
- Yu W, Yesupriya A, Wulf A, Qu J, Khoury MJ, Gwinn M. An open source infrastructure for managing knowledge and finding potential collaborators in a domain-specific subset of PubMed, with an example from human genome epidemiology. BMC Bioinformatics. 2007 Nov 9;8:436.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario