Keep your bladder healthy with these tips:
- Drink enough fluids—especially water. Drink enough fluids so that the bladder needs to be emptied every 3 to 4 hours.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine, which can make bladder problems worse.
- Quit smoking.
- Eat high fiber foods and drink water to avoid constipation.
- Keep a healthy weight by eating well and staying active.
- Do pelvic floor muscle exercises to keep muscles strong and prevent leaking.
- Use the bathroom when needed to avoid infections.
- Take enough time to fully empty the bladder when urinating.
Learn more about bladder health from NIHSeniorHealth.
Share this information on social media:
Twitter: November is #BladderHealth Month! Get tips on ways to keep your bladder healthy from NIHSeniorHealth: http://bit.ly/2eYljkV #NovBHealth
Facebook: Keep your bladder healthy as you age by staying hydrated, limiting alcohol and caffeine, not smoking, and doing pelvic floor muscle exercises. Learn more about bladder health from NIHSeniorHealth: http://bit.ly/2eYljkV