How researchers cleared the name of HIV Patient Zero
Genetic analysis of historical virus samples proves the epidemic arrived by another route.
Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base (v1.2)
Last Updated: Oct 28, 2016
- How researchers cleared the name of HIV Patient Zero
Nature, October 27. 2016
- 1970s and 'Patient 0' HIV-1 genomes illuminate early HIV/AIDS history in North America.
Worobey Michael et al. Nature 2016 Oct
- 1970s and Patient 0 HIV-1 genomes illuminate early HIV/AIDS history in North America
Mo Worobey et al, Nature, October 26, 2016
- CRISPR Identifies Potential Gene Targets to Hobble HIV Infection
S Begley, Scientific American, October 26, 2016
- Gene study clears 'Patient Zero' as cause of U.S. HIV epidemic
Reuter's Health, October 26, 2016
- H.I.V. Arrived in the U.S. Long Before Patient Zero
New York Times, October 26, 2016
- National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- Genetically determined ancestry is more informative than self-reported race in HIV-infected and -exposed children.
Spector Stephen A, et al. Medicine 2016 9 (36) e4733
- A dual role for Mannan-binding lectin-associated serine protease 2 (MASP-2) in HIV infection.
Boldt Angelica Beate Winter, et al. Molecular immunology 2016 8 48-56
- Frequency of the CCR5-delta32 allele in Brazilian populations: A systematic literature review and meta-analysis.
Silva-Carvalho Wlisses Henrique Veloso et al. Infection, genetics and evolution : journal of molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases 2016 Sep 43101-7
- HIV Infection Linked to Injection Use of Oxymorphone in Indiana, 2014-2015.
Peters Philip J et al. The New England journal of medicine 2016 Jul 375(3) 229-39
- Laboratory Innovation Towards Quality Program Sustainability.
Abimiku Alash'le, Timperi Ralph, Blattner William.Current HIV/AIDS reports 2016 Aug
- Asian & Pacific Islanders HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- Association of polymorphisms in the regulatory region of the cyclophilin A gene (PPIA) with gene expression and HIV/AIDS disease progression.
Madlala Paradise, et al. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999) 2016 4
- Phenotypic Co-receptor Tropism in Perinatally HIV-Infected Youth Failing Antiretroviral Therapy.
Agwu Allison L, et al. The Pediatric infectious disease journal 2016 4
- Guidelines (0)
- Tier Table (0)
- Synthesis (1)
- Human (0)
- Pathogen (1)