Knowledge gaps in the management of familial hypercholesterolaemia. A UK based survey
- •443 healthcare professionals involved in the management of CVD completed a survey assessing their knowledge of FH.
- •The prevalence and associated risk of FH continue to be underestimated.
- •Unless knowledge is improved, patients with FH will continue to be diagnosed late, and may not be managed appropriately.
- •Knowledge of FH can easily be improved through targeted education.
- •Fewer than 10% of healthcare professionals surveyed report that their region manages FH well.