June 1, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
To successfully submit an electronic grant application, you need to pass two automated systems validations: Grants.gov and eRA Commons.
Opportunities and Resources
NIAID invites applications to support research that increases understanding of Lyme disease and co-infections transmitted by Ixodes ticks.
NIAID seeks grant applications that propose innovative research into innate or adaptive immune responses induced by mycobacterial infections, Bacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccine, or candidate Mycobacterium tuberculosis vaccines in HIV-positive or uninfected people.
You may have used or read about NIAID's Immunology Database and Analysis Portal (ImmPort). If so, you may be interested in a recent funding opportunity announcement focused on informatics methodology and secondary analyses for immunology data in ImmPort.
In The News
If you’ve previously applied for investigator-initiated clinical trial (IICT) funding and plan to apply again, be aware of several points of emphasis in the set of IICT funding opportunity announcements we reissued in May.
- Respond to Office of AIDS Research RFI on FY 2018 Plan
- Zika Research Included in the Immunity in Neonates and Infants FOA
- New and Improved NIAID Website Coming in September
Once you receive a grant award, keep in mind that you'll have to get NIAID's permission before making some changes to your funded project.
- What will take place during the June 6, 2016 Council meeting?
- Where can I find scientific review group rosters?
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-16-297, Native American Research Centers for Health (NARCH)
- PA-16-107, Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Study Research Projects
- PA-16-289, Research Supplements to Promote Reentry into Biomedical and Behavioral Research Careers (Admin Supp)
- PA-16-288, Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Admin Supp)
- PA-16-287, Administrative Supplements to Existing NIH Grants and Cooperative Agreements (Admin Supp)
- PA-16-286, Successor-in-
Interest (Type 6 Parent)
- PA-16-285, Change of Grantee Organization (Type 7 Parent)
- RFA-AI-16-038, Silencing of HIV-1 Proviruses
- PA-16-294, NIH Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (Parent R13)
- RFA-AI-16-050, Systems Approach to Immunity and Inflammation
- RFA-AI-16-031, Limited Interaction Targeted Epidemiology (LITE) to Advance HIV Prevention
- PAR-16-275, Serious Adverse Drug Reaction Research (R01)
- PAR-16-274, Serious Adverse Drug Reaction Research (R21)
- RFP-NIAID-DMID-NIHAI2016061, S
tructural Genomics Centers for Infectious Diseases
- RFA-HG-16-016, BD2K Open Educational Resources for Skills Development in Biomedical Big Data Science
- RFA-AI-16-047, Partnerships for Structure-Based Design of Novel Immunogens for Vaccine Development
- PAR-16-272, NIAID Clinical Trial Planning Grant
- PAR-16-271, NIAID SBIR Phase II Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement
- PAR-16-270, NIAID Clinical Trial Implementation Cooperative Agreement
- PAR-16-269, NIAID Clinical Trial Implementation Grant
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.