EdNet, the National Food Safety Educator’s Network, is a monthly, multi-agency electronic news journal from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). EdNet provides educators, consumer advocates, government officials, and industry representatives with a quick monthly summary of news about food safety programs and activities.
In this issue:
Resources for Educators
- USDA Urges Consumers to Keep Clear of the Danger Zone This Summer
- FDA Announces the 5th Annual Reportable Food Registry Report
- FSIS Blog: Beef Retailers Now Labeling Mechanically Tenderized Beef
- FDA Finalizes the New Nutrition Facts Label
- Call For Abstracts: 2017 National Food Safety Education Conference
- FDA Releases 2014 Health and Diet Survey Findings
- FDA Recognizes Canada as Having a Comparable Food Safety System to the U.S.
- Nutritional Security Through Sustainable Agriculture
- USDA Announces $3.8 Million in Grants and Additional $7 Million Available for Critical Research to Prevent Childhood Obesity
- USDA Announces $6 Million in Available Funding for Antimicrobial Resistance Research
- Agricultural Research Magazine, May 2016
Meetings, Conferences, and Workshops
- NACMCF Subcommittee on Virulence Factors and Attributes that Define Foodborne Shiga Toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) as Severe Human Pathogens to Meet
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance for Qualified Facilities under the FSMA Preventive Controls Rules
- FSIS Posts New Product Categorization Guide
- FDA Issues Final Guidance on Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Foods
- FDA Transfers Siluriformes Fish Inspection to USDA
- FDA Issues Final Guidance on Menu Labeling
- FSIS: What is Food Defense?
- FSIS Policy Updates