On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Global Network for Womens and Childrens Health Research Data Coordinating Center (U24) (RFA-HD-17-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): August 30, 2016
More about the Global Network for Women's and Children's Health Researchfrom the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) at NIH.
- Applicant webinars for the trans-NIH funding announcements Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health PAR-16-238 (R01), PAR-16-236 (R21)and PAR-16-237 (R03). Fogarty is participating in PAR-16-237 (R03).
Information related to opportunities from other organizations focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- The Centennial Travel Award in Basic Science Tropical Disease Research from the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene is open to full-time postdoctoral fellows with positions at U.S. or Canadian institutions. This international career opportunity is focused on benefiting underserved populations in locations in the world where the burden of disease is high.
Application deadline: July 6, 2016
- Developing a One-Stop-Shop Knowledge Platform for Local Technologies in Africa from the African Network for Drugs and Diagnostics Innovation (ANDI) seeks local technologies and technology platforms for an open and interactive platform that can directly or indirectly impact health care in Africa.
Application deadline: July 31, 2016
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Reissuance of Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Predoctoral MD/PhD or Other Dual-Doctoral Degree Fellowship (Parent F30) (NOT-OD-16-063)
- HHS issues PHS 2016-2 SBIR and STTR Omnibus Grant Funding Opportunity Announcements (NOT-OD-16-103)
- Notice of NIAID's Participation in PA-16-107 "Modeling of Infectious Disease Agent Study Research Projects (R01)" (NOT-AI-16-057)
- Korean Biomedical Scientist Fellowship Program
Application deadline: June 30, 2016
- Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program
Application deadline: July 29, 2016
- Fogarty Global Health Training Program
Application Deadline: August 16, 2016
- Fogarty HIV Research Training:
Fogarty HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions (D43)
Planning Grant for Fogarty HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions (D71)
Infrastructure Development Training Programs for Critical HIV Research at LMIC Institutions (G11)
Application deadline: August 25, 2016
- Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries
Application deadline: August 31, 2016
- Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 14, 2016
- Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: January 5, 2017
- Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Research
Application deadline: February 22, 2017
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for US scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2017