March 9, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
In part two of our series, we offer advice on developing a strong application for a fellowship (F) or career development (K) award.
Opportunities and Resources
Through a recently issued funding opportunity announcement titled Rapid Assessment of Zika Virus (ZIKV) Complications (R21), NIAID and its partner institutes seek exploratory and developmental research projects on Zika virus and its complications.
If food allergy research is your niche, check out two new funding opportunity announcements that invite applicants to study issues relevant to IgE-mediated food allergies.
NIAID is seeking applications from small businesses in support of an R44 funding opportunity announcement focusing on moving vaccines and products developed by NIAID intramural scientists into the marketplace.
Several NIH institutes and centers, including NIAID, are participating in two companion funding opportunity announcements to characterize, improve, or create animal stem cell models for human disease conditions to use in regenerative medicine therapies.
In The News
In addition to flights in the Mid-Atlantic and performances on Broadway, Winter Storm Jonas caused the cancellation of NIAID’s Council meeting at the Natcher Conference Center on January 25.
Register for NIAID’s Webinar on Global Infectious Disease Research Administration Development Award for Low- and Middle-Income Country Institutions.
If you’re planning new myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) research, you may be interested to learn that clinical specimens from 138 validated ME/CFS cases and 139 well-matched controls are still available to the ME/CFS research community.
- Help Us Help You: Website Construction
- Informed Consent Required for Fetal Tissue Research
- Check Out Grand Challenges From the Gates Foundation
- iEdison Reporting Must Follow the HHS 568 Form
Without proper context, you may be confused when our articles or staff refer to specific application types. Let’s clear up that confusion.
- I've never been awarded an NIH research grant; however, I was assigned to lead a research project as the principal investigator during the noncompeting phase of an R01 grant. Can I still be considered a new investigator?
- How long do I have to spend an administrative supplement? The remainder of the budget period, the remainder of the project period, or some other amount?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-16-001, Immunity in Neonates and Infants
- PAR-16-117, Increased Knowledge and Innovative Strategies to Reduce HIV Incidence-iKnow Projects
- PAR-16-115, Optimization of Monoclonal Antibodies for Eliminating the HIV Reservoir
- RFA-AI-16-003, Cooperative Study Group for Autoimmune Disease Prevention
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.