March 23, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Each institute approaches the challenge of optimally leveraging its expertise and resources differently. What does this look like in practice?
Opportunities and Resources
Curing HIV infection remains one of NIH’s highest priorities. However, eliminating cells that harbor latent HIV proviruses is still a major obstacle to finding a cure, as long-lived reservoirs can reactivate and produce infectious virions.
The goal of a recently reissued funding opportunity announcement is an ambitious one: to develop the knowledge base necessary to design selective preventive interventions that could be administered efficiently and safely to the general population or to individuals at risk of autoimmune disease, including infants and children.
NIH has reissued an R01 funding opportunity announcement (FOA) that seeks to promote innovative research to improve the identification of populations that are at high risk of HIV-1 infection and have a high proportion of people who are unaware of their HIV status.
In The News
We are entering the period of time in which both FORMS-C and FORMS-D application packages and guides will be available to grant applicants.
NIH is taking advantage of the form switch to incorporate several minor policy changes. The FORMS-D application guide reflects those changes, so the easiest way to comply is to follow that guide’s instructions.
- Use Signatures, Not Departmental Stamps, on Official Documents
- NIH Leverages FAPIIS for Accountability and Oversight
- Website Redesign Coming to NIH Grants Homepage
NIH recently posted award and spending data for fiscal year 2015 on the Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools site.
- If I am currently funded by an F32 and subsequently find a job, is there a penalty for moving into the job and ending the fellowship support?
- Can a PI submit two renewal applications to follow up on a single R01?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-AI-16-012, Pilot Clinical Trials to Eliminate the Latent HIV Reservoir
Staged Vaccine Development
Preclinical Development Support
- PAR-16-124, Methods for Prevention Packages Program IV (MP3 IV)
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.