March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month: Know Your Family History
This week, we highlight colorectal cancer screening and risk factors, including genetics and family history. For more information, please check our Public Health Genomics Knowledge Base and for specific information on Lynch syndrome.
What's NewLast Updated: Mar 03, 2016
- Cost-effectiveness of routine screening for Lynch syndrome in colorectal cancer patients up to 70 years of age
CHM Leenen et al, Genetics in Medicine, March 3, 2016 (From Discoveries and Insights Database)
- Germline mutations in PMS2 and MLH1 in individuals with solitary loss of PMS2 expression in colorectal carcinomas from the Colon Cancer Family Registry Cohort.
Rosty Christophe, et al. BMJ open 2016 0 (2) e010293 (From HuGE Literature Finder)
- Finding the needle in a haystack: identification of cases of Lynch syndrome with MLH1 epimutation.
Hitchins Megan P et al. Familial cancer 2016 Feb (From Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database)
- Kintalk Instructional Video
Disease: Lynch syndrome|Breast Cancer|Ovarian Cancer; Type: Tools; State: Multiple States (FromImplementation Database)
Disease: Lynch syndrome|Breast Cancer|Ovarian Cancer; Type: Education|Tools; State: Multiple States (From Implementation Database)
- Update on Lynch syndrome genomics.
Peltomäki Päivi et al. Familial cancer 2016 Feb (From Discoveries and Insights Database)
- Mismatch Repair Deficiency Testing in Clinical Practice.
Hui Pei et al. Expert review of molecular diagnostics 2016 Feb (From Discoveries and Insights Database)
- Most patients at risk for Lynch syndrome not advised to undergo genetic testing, appropriate colonoscopy screening
Patel SG et al, Am J Gastroenterology, February 17, 2016 (From Discoveries and Insights Database)
- Patients with colorectal cancer associated with Lynch syndrome and MLH1 promoter hypermethylation have similar prognoses.
Haraldsdottir Sigurdis et al. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics 2016 Feb (From Genomics & Health Impact Scan Database)