Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force
HHS is pleased to announce the formation of a new Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force as called for in the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015. From the beginning of the Administration, the President has made it clear that cybersecurity is one of the most important challenges we face as a nation. That is why the Administration has led a broad strategy to enhance the Federal Government’s cybersecurity, including both our defensive and offensive capabilities, to tackle today’s increasingly sophisticated cyber actors. HHS takes this issue seriously, and vigilantly monitors, tests, and strengthens its systems against cyberattacks, in an effort to stay ahead of any potential vulnerabilities. Establishment of this Task Force will build on our work to keep our systems secure and to provide information to improve preparedness for cybersecurity threats affecting the healthcare industry.
We invite our healthcare partners to submit nominations for membership on the Task Force. Nominees are expected to have the following qualifications:
- Service in a position of influence in an organization that is representative of a component of the broad Healthcare and Public Health Sector
- Experience in dealing with technical, administrative, management, and/or legal aspects of health information security
- Knowledge of major health information security policies, best practices, organizations, and trends
- Ability to participate actively in Task Force meetings and contribute to Task Force products (expected to be 4 in-person meetings and 8 teleconferences, in addition to time reviewing and contributing to documents)
Nominees may represent any aspect of the healthcare system, including but not limited to:
- Health plans, health care clearinghouses, or health care providers
- Advocates for patients or consumers
- Developers or vendors of health information technology
- Pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturers
The selection process will take into account the need to represent the broad diversity of the healthcare system in terms of organization size, types of systems employed, geographic location, and related factors.
Nominations will be accepted at CyberTF@hhs.gov until 5:00 p.m. ET, March 9, 2016. Successful nominees will be notified within one week of their selection. The first teleconference of the Task Force will be held on March 17, 2016.