EdNet: The National Food Safety Educator's Network
EdNet, the National Food Safety Educator’s Network, is a monthly, multi-agency electronic news journal from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). EdNet provides educators, consumer advocates, government officials, and industry representatives with a quick monthly summary of news about food safety programs and activities.
In this issue:
Advisories, Alerts, and Warnings
Resources for Educators
- FDA Announces Raw Milk Cheese Data Call and Release of Joint FDA/Health Canada Risk Assessment
- September is National Food Safety Month (NFSM)!
- Raw Produce: Selecting and Serving it Safely (FDA)
- It’s Time For The Kids To Head Back To School (FDA)
- Healthy Breakfasts for Kids: It's All about Balance (FDA)
- Blog: Improving the Safety of Leafy Greens (USDA)
- Fuel Up to Play 60 Has Game Plan to Supercharge School Fitness and Nutrition
- FSIS Identifies Additional Food Safety Research Priorities
- FSIS Posts New Food Safety Educational Videos
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: School-Level Practices to Increase Availability of Fruits, Vegetables, and Whole Grains, and Reduce Sodium in School Meals — United States, 2000, 2006, and 2014 (CDC)
- Amber Waves Magazine -- July/August