On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
- OMB Approval for Form Changes Underway - Continue to Use Current Forms Until Further Notice (NOT-OD-15-146)
Until further notice, applicants and grantees must continue to use the current agency-specific forms below despite the expiration date of August 31, 2015.
- For prompt notification concerning NIH grant policies, guidelines and funding opportunities, subscribe to the official NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases Initiative, a joint program supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Current program guidelines from the NSF
- Upcoming application deadline: November 18, 2015
- Notice of participation of NIDCR, NINDS and ORWH in PAR-15-292 "Emerging Global Leader Award (K43)" (NOT-TW-15-004)
- More about the Emerging Global Leader Award
- Upcoming application deadline: December 16, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- BRAIN Initiative: Technology Sharing and Propagation (R03) (RFA-MH-16-725)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 06, 2016
- Abuse Liability Associated with Reduced Nicotine Content Tobacco Products(R01) (RFA-OD-15-006)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 11, 2015
- Urinary Stone Disease Research Network:
Clinical Centers (USDRN-CCs) (Collaborative U01) (RFA-DK-15-004)
Scientific Data Research Center (USDRN-SDRC) (Collaborative U01) (RFA-DK-15-005)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 18, 2015
- AHRQ Health Services Research Projects: Making Health Care Safer in Ambulatory Care Settings and Long Term Care Facilities (R01) (PA-15-339)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
Note: Foreign institutions may participate in projects as members of consortia or as subcontractors.
Featured Fogarty News and Information
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- eRA Commons Help Desk Rebranded as eRA Service Desk (NOT-OD-15-147)
- Notice of Extension of the Response Date for NOT-MD-15-014 "Request for Information (RFI): Interdisciplinary Training in Health Disparities Science" (NOT-MD-15-018)
- NINDS Announces Interest in Large Randomized Emergency Care Clinical Trials (NOT-NS-15-039)
- Notice of Correction in Research to Advance Vaccine Safety PA-15-312 (R01) (NOT-AI-15-052) and PA-15-313 (R21) (NOT-AI-15-053)
- Notice of Correction to Application Instructions in PAR-15-304 "Clinical and Translational Science Award (U54)" (NOT-TR-15-019)
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows and Scholars in Public HealthFellowships application deadline: October 13, 2015
- Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
Application deadline: November 18, 2015
- New: Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 16, 2015
- Global Brain Disorders Research R21 and R01
Application deadline: January 5, 2016
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for U.S. scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2016