On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Funding OpportunitiesNIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- NIMH Research Education Mentoring Programs for HIV/AIDS Researchers (R25) (PAR-12-273)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 7, 2013; January 7, 2014; and January 7, 2015
- Secondary Analyses and Archiving of Social and Behavioral Datasets in Aging (R03) (RFA-AG-13-009)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 14, 2013
- Expansion of Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (LURN) (U01) (RFA-DK-12-017)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 29, 2012
- Limited Competition for Continuation of the Prospective Study of Chronic Kidney Disease in Children (U01) (RFA-DK-12-507)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 14, 2012
- Environmental Influences on the Microbiome (R21) (RFA-ES-12-009)
Application Receipt Date(s): January 16, 2013
- Basic Behavioral Research on Multisensory Processing (R21) (RFA-EY-13-001)
Application Receipt Date(s): October 31, 2012
- Examination of Survivorship Care Planning Efficacy and Impact [R21] (PA-12-274) and [R01] (PA-12-275)Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
Other NewsImportant NIH global health funding news.
- Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement for the Global Health Research eCapacity Initiative (R25) (NOT-TW-12-018)
- Notice of Clarification: Budget Submission Requirement for RFA-AI-12-021 U.S. - China Program for Biomedical Collaborative Research (R01) (NOT-AI-12-049)
- Delays in Grant Application Submission due to Hurricane Isaac (NOT-OD-12-145)
- NIH Offers Niche Assessment Program to SBIR and STTR Phase I Awardees (NOT-OD-12-146)
- Participation of NCCAM in RFA-AG-13-003: Secondary Analyses of Comparative Effectiveness, Health Outcomes and Costs in Persons with Multiple Chronic Conditions (R21) (NOT-AT-13-001)
- Notice to Extend Broad-based Innovations in Biomedical Computational Science and Technology (R01) (NOT-GM-12-112) and (R21) (NOT-GM-12-113)
- Participation of NICHD in PAR-12-267 (R01) and PAR-12-268 (R03) Tobacco Control Regulatory Research (NOT-HD-12-028)
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellowships in Public Health
Application deadline: October 17, 2012
- Partnerships for Enhanced Engagement in Research (PEER) Health, a new grant partnership between USAID and NIH
Pre-proposal deadline for all applications: October 26, 2012
- U.S.-India Bilateral Collaborative Research Grants on Human Immune Phenotyping and Infectious Disease collaborations with NIAID investigators from The Human Immunology Project Consortium (HIPC)
Application Receipt Date: November 1, 2012
- Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
Full proposal deadline: December 5, 2012
- Framework Programs for Global Health Innovation
Application deadline: December 14, 2012