Attend or Watch: Release of Landmark Suicide Prevention Strategy
Monday, September 10, 2012 | 10:00 a.m. ET | National Press Club
The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention (Action Alliance) and other leaders from both the public and private sectors will release the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention on Monday, September 10, 2012. The National Strategy for Suicide Prevention, a report of the Surgeon General and the Action Alliance, features community-based approaches to curbing the incidence of suicide, details new ways to identify people at risk for suicide, and outlines national priorities for suicide prevention.
For those unable to attend in person, the event will be streamed via live webcast.
- Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Gordon Smith, President of the National Association of Broadcasters and former U.S. Senator
- Scott Gould, Deputy Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- John McHugh, Secretary of the Army
- Marne Levine, Global Vice President of Public Policy, Facebook
- Heyward Donigan, President and CEO, ValueOptions
- Regina M. Benjamin, U.S. Surgeon General
- Pamela S. Hyde, Administrator, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Find out more about the Action Alliance and the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention.