CDC Expert on Medscape: Preventing Infections During Cancer Treatment
Today on Medscape, CDC's Dr. Lisa Richardson talks about what cancer patients, caregivers, and health care providers should know to prevent infections during chemotherapy.
This discussion is a must-see for every doctor, nurse, and health care provider who works with cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.
Links to the educational resources for healthcare professionals and facilities featured in the commentary include:
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind poster [PDF-185KB]
- Emergency Room Personnel poster [PDF-401KB]
- Neutropenia and Risk for Infection: What You Need to Know fact sheet/brochure [PDF-174KB]
- 3 Steps brochure with cut-out emergency room/phone number card [PDF-591KB]
- Basic Infection Control and Prevention Plan for Outpatient Oncology Settings [PDF-522KB]
- CDC Healthcare-associated Infections: Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings: Minimum Expectations for Safe Care
- CDC Guide to Infection Prevention for Outpatient Settings: Minimum Expectations for Safe Care [PDF-620KB]
- You can copy and paste the code to embed these buttons in your Web site, social network profile, or blog as an additional resource for your patients or professional members.