The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) has published an online World Diabetes Day (WDD) Guide, a practical guide to the world’s largest diabetes awareness campaign. The tool can be viewed and downloaded on the dedicated WDD website.
Focused on the role healthy eating plays in helping to manage type 1 diabetes and both manage and prevent type 2 diabetes, the guide outlines how you can get involved and includes key messages, supporting facts & figures and the first of four WDD infographics.
Consult the guide throughout the year for updates, get involved and help IDF ensure that healthy eating is a right, not a privilege!
Download the guide here.
The WDD campaign 2015 was successfully launched on May 19 at the IDF side event to the 68th World Health Assembly (WHA) “Nourishing development: halting the diabetes epidemic through healthy eating”.
The event also saw the publication of the IDF’s Framework for Action on Sugar which calls on national governments to implement a series of specific policies to reduce sugar consumption and voices IDF’s support for WHO’s conditional recommendation to reduce free sugars consumption to 5% of the daily caloric intake.
- August: Launch of the new activities page on WDD website
- September: WDD Media Kit 2015 and WDD infographic #2
- September 25-27: The United Nations Summit for the adoption of the post-2015 development agenda at the United Nations General Assembly
- October: WDD infographic #3
- November: WDD event planned for November 12; release of summary of the global and regional findings of the IDF Diabetes Atlas 7th edition and WDD infographic #4
- November 15-16: G20
- December 1: Release of the IDF Diabetes Atlas full report and country-level data at the World Diabetes Congress Vancouver 2015
Thank you for your continued support,
IDF Communications & Advocacy Team