December 17, 2014, NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Safeguarding Intellectual Property Last month's article "Reminder of Invention Implementation Regulations" reminded us it's been a while since we wrote about intellectual property (IP); specifically, protecting it. Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
Exploring Novel Therapeutics for Fighting Bacterial Infections Infectious bacteria are developing resistance to the current arsenal of antibiotics at an alarming rate. Read the full article.
Get Funding to Develop Big Data Educational Resources Apply for a two-year grant worth up to $50,000 each year to develop an educational resource related to creating, managing, and sharing biomedical big data. Read the full article.
More Chances for Innovative Research on HIV Reservoirs There is still time to apply for funding through the Targeting Persistent HIV Reservoirs initiative, as NIAID has reissued the funding opportunity announcement (FOA) for the TaPHIR R21/R33 Phased Innovation Award. Read the full article.
In The News
New Format for Biographical Sketches Highlight your contributions to science in a new way with NIH's updated biographical sketch format. You can start voluntarily using it right away. Read the full article.
- Chance to Comment on Use of Single IRBs for Multisite Research
- Clarification From OLAW on Shared Animal Welfare Concerns
- Style Requirement Lifted for Resubmission Applications
Befuddled by a FOA? Scientific Contact Can Clear Up Confusion, Questions We often advise that before you apply for a grant, you should carefully read your chosen funding opportunity announcement (FOA). Read the full article.
- Will my grant application be assigned to and reviewed at NIAID since it is HIV/AIDS-related?
- How should I address reviewers' comments in my resubmission application, given the single-page limit for the Introduction?
New Funding Opportunities
- BAA-NIAID-DMID-NIH-AI-2014028, Targeted Clinical Research to Address Select Viral Infections
- PA-15-065, Radiological/Nuclear Medical Countermeasure Product Development Program (SBIR)
- PAS-15-055, High-Priority Immunology Grants
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.