A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Health Tip: Exercise While Watching Television
Get off the couch to change the channel
(HealthDay News) -- If your favorite TV shows are pulling you away from your workout, why not combine the two?
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions:
- Ditch the remote and walk to the TV to change the channel.
- During commercial breaks, walk up and down the stairs or around the room.
- Perform resistance exercises while you watch.
- Invest in a treadmill or stationary bike.
- Perform activities that require you to stand, such as ironing your clothes.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on:
- Exercise and Physical Fitness