A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Health Tip: Teaching Your Child About Food Allergies
Communicate the warning signsMonday, August 25, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Children with food allergies may feel less afraid if they know what they're dealing with.
The Kids With Food Allergies website suggests children with food allergies should know:
- The warning signs of an allergic reaction, and how to best communicate that they are having a reaction.
- Not to share food with others at lunch.
- How to read food labels to look for allergens.
- To always wash hands before and after eating.
- To never share medications with other children.
- To politely decline food that isn't from home.
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on:
- Food Allergy