Kaposi Sarcoma Treatment (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute
Key Points for This Section
- There are different types of treatment for patients with Kaposi sarcoma.
- Treatment of epidemic Kaposi sarcoma combines treatment for Kaposi sarcoma with treatment for AIDS.
- Four types of standard treatment are used to treat Kaposi sarcoma:
- New types of treatment are being tested in clinical trials.
- Patients may want to think about taking part in a clinical trial.
- Patients can enter clinical trials before, during, or after starting their cancer treatment.
- Follow-up tests may be needed.