Information About Contaminants Found at Hazardous Waste Sites
Tox Profiles Under Consideration
- MIREX & CHLORDECONE
- VINYL ACETATE
Tox Profiles In Development
- DDT,DDD, DDE
- S,S,S-Tributyl Phosphorotrithioate (Tribufos)
- Toluene Diisocyanate
Tox Profiles Released for Public Comment
Tox Profiles Recently Finalized
By Congressional mandate, the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) produces "toxicological profiles" for hazardous substances found at National Priorities List (NPL) sites. These hazardous substances are ranked based on frequency of occurrence at NPL sites, toxicity, and potential for human exposure. Toxicological profiles are developed from a priority list of 275 substances. ATSDR also prepares toxicological profiles for the Department of Defense (DOD) and the Department of Energy (DOE) on substances related to federal sites.
Toxicological profiles are developed in two stages:
(1) DRAFTS: The toxicological profiles are first produced as drafts. ATSDR announces in the Federal Register the release of these draft profiles for a 90 day public comment period. Request draft toxicological profiles from ATSDR's Division of Toxicology and Human Health Sciences.
(2) FINALS: After the 90 day comment period, ATSDR considers incorporating all comments into the documents. ATSDR finalizes the profiles.
Federal Register Notices:
- FRN Set 28 Candidates
- FRN Set 28 Selection [PDF, 192 KB]
- FRN Set 27 Drafts for Public Comment [PDF, 196 KB]
- FRN Set 29 Candidates [PDF, 196 KB]
- FRN for Glutaraldehyde [PDF, 185 KB]
- FRN for Jet Fuels & 1-Bromopropane [PDF, 187 KB]
- Profile Development Guidance [PDF, 2 MB]
- Profile Development Guidance Exhibits [PDF, 1 MB]
- Profile Selection Criteria
- Federal Register Notice [PDF, 964 KB]
- Support Document [PDF, 2.6 MB]
- Public Health Statements (PHS) - The PHS are a series of summaries about hazardous substances taken from Chapter One of their respective ATSDR Toxicological Profiles.
- ATSDR ToxFAQsTM - The ToxFAQsTM are a series of 2-page fact sheets about hazardous substances
- ATSDR ToxGuidesTM - The ATSDR ToxGuidesTM are quick reference guides providing information such as chemical and physical properties, sources of exposure, routes of exposure, minimal risk levels, children's health, and health effects.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario