Today is World TB Day and an opportunity for us to come together to fight a disease that causes 1.8 million deaths each year. Despite being curable, tuberculosis (TB) is now the world’s leading infectious disease killer, taking a life every 21 seconds.
Together, with support from our partners, we have helped save 49 million lives in the past 15 years. With increased collaboration, accelerated research and innovation, we can ultimately achieve a TB-free world.
Let’s keep the momentum going this World TB Day and Unite to End TB!
To find out more about USAID’s work on TB:
- Visit USAID’s World TB Day page
- Add the Red Arrow to your profile photos to show your support for ending TB
- Follow us on Twitter at @USAIDGH, and join the conversation using #WorldTBDay and #
- Watch our Facebook page for updates and photos from events throughout the week
- Read the U.S. Government 2015–2019 TB Strategy [PDF, 1.8MB]
Photo credit: Person/USAID