Also in This Issue...
- Eating Red Meat May Bring On Kidney Failure
- Best Diet Might Depend On Your Genetics
- Opposites Attract -- Unless You're in a Relationship
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Safe for Pain: Study
- Academic Success: Character, Genetics Have Role
Calgary Stampede is the Greatest Show on Earth!
The Calgary Stampede went on without me this year and seemed to do just fine. The Young Canadians entertain each night after the chuck wagon races and my young friend, Isabella, is loving being a part of it again this year. And for those horse lovers among our readers, check out some of theamazing horsemanship that is on display there!
Watch our Medical Headline Videos:
- Christopher Smith, PhD, and Leslie Baxter, PhD, at SARRC in Phoenix are teaming up to look at what happens in autistic people’s brains as they age.
- Raj Narayanan, MD, an interventional radiologist at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Miami is using a new type of Nano bead called LUMI beads to offer better treatment for some liver cancers.
- JoAnn Difede, PhD, director of the Program for Anxiety and Traumatic Stress at Weill Cornell Medicine and New York-Presbyterian, is developing a type of exposure therapy using virtual reality to teach the person’s brain that those cues that used to be so scary aren’t anymore.
Our special reports this week are all from our Smart Woman series. “Millionaires in the Making” is very entertaining and has some excellent advice from women who worked hard and made themselves very successful, a subject near and dear to my heart!
In case you missed them, you may want to check our past reports, Premium Content in Archives Colon Cancer: Is It In Your Genes? Pencil Beam Protons Zap Cancer. Premium Content in the Archives may be purchased for as little as $9 for 24-hour, unlimited access. If you would like to access Premium Content for the first time click here.
Finally, Ivanhoe is designing an entirely new website and to do that with the limited number of workers we have while keeping up our production of new stories, we are going to “go black” for a month or maybe two on our website. We will not be sending out First to Know or TOP 10 but we will be putting all our reports up on our YouTube site and on our Facebook site so here are the links to hold onto if you want to stay up on what we are reporting in August and September:
If you have ideas on what you would like us to build into our new site, please share them with me because this is the perfect time to do so! We are not transferring our 15 years of archives to the new site so if there is any research you want to do, do it before July 21 when our site goes down. We will be back as soon as the new site is live and we promise it will be worth the wait so do not forget us, friends!
And there's more where that came from...
Marjorie Bekaert Thomas
President, Ivanhoe Broadcast News
“I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, ‘If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is.’”
-- Kurt Vonnegut
-- Kurt Vonnegut