On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01) (RFA-TW-16-003)
Application Due Date(s): October 13, 2016
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Social Epigenomics Research Focused on Minority Health and Health Disparities (R01) (PAR-16-355)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 15, 2016; November 15, 2017; November 15, 2018
- NIA Program Project Applications (P01) (PAR-16-358)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): January 25, 2017; May 25, 2017; and more
- NIA Revision and Resubmission Program Project Applications (P01) (PAR-16-359)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Standard dates apply
Other NIH events and resources that may be of interest to researchers interested in global health and foreign collaboration.
- Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation in Health
Co-hosted by the NIH and AcademyHealth
December 14 - 15, 2016
Submit abstracts for individual, panel and poster presentations by August 4.
- Insights from peer reviewers and NIH staff on putting together your application [Video]
from the NIH Center for Scientific Review, posted June 30, 2016
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of NIH/BD2K Participation in the Joint NSF/NIH Initiative on Quantitative Approaches to Biomedical Big Data (QuBBD) (NOT-EB-16-008)
- Extramural Loan Repayment Program for Contraception and Infertility Research (LRP-CIR) (NOT-OD-16-115), Clinical Researchers (LRP-CR) (NOT-OD-16-116), Pediatric Research (LRP-PR) (NOT-OD-16-117) Health Disparities Research (LRP-HDR) (NOT-OD-16-118), and Individuals from Disadvantaged Backgrounds (LRP-IDB) (NOT-OD-16-119)
- About the NIH Loan Repayment Programs (LRPs)
- Request for Information: Increasing the Varieties of Marijuana and Marijuana products for Research (NOT-DA-16-034)
- Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program
Application deadline: July 29, 2016
- Fogarty Global Health Training Program
Application Deadline: August 16, 2016
- Fogarty HIV Research Training:
Fogarty HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions (D43)
Planning Grant for Fogarty HIV Research Training Program for LMIC Institutions (D71)
Infrastructure Development Training Programs for Critical HIV Research at LMIC Institutions (G11)
Application deadline: August 25, 2016
- Mobile Health: Technology and Outcomes in Low and Middle Income Countries
Application deadline: August 31, 2016
- International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program
Application deadline: October 13, 2016
- Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 14, 2016
- Global Brain Disorders Research
Application deadline: January 5, 2017
- Global Noncommunicable Diseases and Injury Research
Application deadline: February 22, 2017
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for US scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2017