Thank you for making this year’s National Women’s Health Week the best yet!
What a week! We encouraged women across the country to schedule their annual well-woman visits, get active, eat healthy, pay attention to their mental health, and avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking and texting while driving.
Here are some of the week’s highlights:
- The Presidential Proclamation for National Women’s Health Week was issued on May 6.
- We had 466 supporters for our NWHW Thunderclap, with a social reach of 7,915,661 people.
- We shared clips on mental health and healthy eating through social media.
- Office on Women's Health Director Dr. Nancy C. Lee wrote pieces for the Huffington Post and womenshealthmag.com.
- More than 4,400 women have taken the National Women’s Health Week pledge.
National Women’s Health Week may be over, but it’s never too late to say yes to a healthier you. Why? Because healthy looks good on you! Pledgeto take at least one step for better health today.
Be well, and we’ll see you next National Women’s Health Week! Save the dates, May 14–20, 2017!