February 10, 2016 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
If you're unfamiliar with the world of research and development contracts, a little context may build your enthusiasm when you see solicitations well-suited to your scientific strengths.
Opportunities and Resources
NIH and the São Paulo Research Foundation have signed a memorandum of understanding to encourage collaborative international research between investigators in the U.S. and the State of São Paulo, Brazil.
NIH is offering administrative supplements to support research highlighting the impact of sex and gender differences, similarities, and factors in human health and illness.
A recently reissued funding opportunity announcement could help establish sustainable, graduate-level research ethics training at your research-intensive, Low- or Middle-Income Country institution.
In The News
NIAID is highly interested in funding research and product development for Zika virus (ZIKV).
You can now access and analyze data from the Human Immunology Project Consortium online through ImmuneSpace.
If you plan to apply for the NIH Pathway to Independence Award (Parent K99/R00), be sure to use the reissued funding opportunity announcement.
- Late Application Policy Following Winter Storm Jonas
- Clarifying SBIR Direct-to-Phase II Eligibility Criteria
Researchers who are considering an investigator-initiated clinical trial (IICT) should know that May 13, 2016, is the next deadline for IICT applications.
- Is there an NIAID “travel support” award that funds non-U.S. investigator travel to scientific meetings, conferences, and workshops?
- What is the proper way of authenticating reagents? Is a sample of the new Authentication Plan for Key Biological/Chemical Resources available online?
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-16-094, Improvement of Animal Models for Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine (R21)
- PAR-16-093, Improvement of Animal Models for Stem Cell-Based Regenerative Medicine (R01)
- NOT-HD-16-004, Notice of NICHD, NINDS, NIDCR, and NIAID's Interest to Prioritize Zika Virus (ZIKV) Research Areas
NIAID/Division of AIDS: Regulatory Support Center
- RFA-AI-15-051, Consortium for Food Allergy Research: Clinical Research Units
- RFA-AI-15-050, Consortium for Food Allergy Research: Leadership Center
- NOT-AI-16-026, Notice of NIAID's Interest to Highlight High-Priority Zika Virus (ZIKV) Research Areas
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.