IN THIS ISSUE:
- Dr. Richard Childs honored as Assistant Surgeon General in U.S. Public Health Service
- Israeli health officials visit NIH
- Ribbons, bows and ‘ho, ho, hos’ spread holiday cheer
- CC Director’s Annual Address and Director's Awards honor staff
- Dr. Clare Hastings retires as chief nurse
- Updated FAES gift store opens
- High school student shares her volunteer experience
- Clinical trials in need of participants
- NCI welcomes Oncology Nursing Society to the CC
- Motivational speaker showcases importance of improvising, adapting and innovating at work
- Upcoming Events
ABOUT CC NEWS:
Published monthly by the Office of Communications and Media Relations.
News, article ideas, calendar events and photos are welcome. Submissions may be edited.
Clinical Center News
National Institutes of Health Clinical Center
Building 10, Room 6-2551
Bethesda, MD 20892
In January, the Clinical Center opened a renovated family waiting room for patients in the NIH Clinical Center’s Intensive Care Unit. Dr. John I. Gallin, director of the Clinical Center, hosted a ribbon cutting, along with Heidi Grolig, executive director of Friends of Patients at the NIH, a non-profit focused on supporting patients receiving treatment at NIH.
All Clinical Center employees now have the opportunity to provide feedback to leadership about important issues. The 2016 Employee Job Satisfaction and Engagement Survey made specifically for the Clinical Center is a collaboration between the Office of Workforce Management and Development and the Society for Human Resource Management.