September 16, 2015 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Next on our list of frequent application stumbling blocks: innovation. Here we show you how to clear this hurdle with advice from those in the know: program and scientific review officers who have years of experience overseeing the grant process.
Opportunities and Resources
NIAID continues its longstanding Integrated Preclinical/Clinical AIDS Vaccine Development Program to facilitate the translation of sufficiently advanced, innovative, and promising vaccine candidates into early clinical testing.
As part of its Big Data to Knowledge program, NIH issued a funding opportunity announcement that may interest investigators ready to submit a Direct Phase II Small Business Innovation Research application.
In The News
- Continue to Use Grant Forms That Expired Last Month
- Reminder of Legal Requirements for Acquisition, Use of Human Fetal Tissue
- Still Time to Register for October NIH Conferences
- Loan Repayment Program Launches New Website, Deadline Approaches
- Director's Remarks to Council: Watch Online
Suppose you are applying for an R01 grant and intend to conduct human subjects research but need the results from the preclinical research before you can finalize your plans. What do you do?
- Can an institution apply an inflation rate to its budget on competing grant applications?
- For investigators with R01 funding, are there limits on the salaries of postdoctoral assistants and technicians?
New Funding Opportunities
See announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com.