August 5, 2015 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
This article continues the Focus on Foreign Investigators series, which kicked off with the July 1, 2015 article “Focus on Foreign Investigators: Eligibility Requirements.”
Opportunities and Resources
As part of efforts to enhance the translation of basic biological discoveries into clinical applications that improve health, NIH reissued two companion funding opportunity announcements that encourage extramural investigators to collaborate with intramural researchers and take advantage of the special resources at the NIH Clinical Center.
Consider a recently released request for proposals if you can provide preclinical product development services for candidate products for HIV prevention.
Through a recent R01 funding opportunity announcement, you can help address an important aspect of HIV research: the pathogenesis of perinatal HIV-1 infection and infant immune response as they relate to establishing HIV-1 reservoirs.
NIAID seeks grant applications using the R01 or R21 activity codes that propose to study HIV infection, HIV treatment, HIV-associated conditions, or associated biobehavioral or social factors in the context of aging and/or in older adults.
In The News
NIH's Loan Repayment Programs can ease some of the burden from your student loans.
At the request of Congress, NIH is developing a five-year NIH-wide strategic plan, due to Congress in December 2015.
- NIAID's Fiscal Year 2014 Fact Book Now Available
- New Guidance for Investigators on Genomic Data Sharing Policy
- ASSIST Expands To Institutional Training, Career Development, Conference, and Additional Research Applications
- Standardized Test Scores No Longer Required in F30, F31 Applications
- Updates to iEdison Reporting Requirements and Compliance Messages
- Submit Entries for BioArt Competition
We often remind investigators that they must include a PubMed Central reference number at the end of citations for papers that fall under the NIH Public Access Policy.
- How should I indicate what I've updated when submitting a resubmission application?
- If I move to an institution in Canada, can I transfer my K23 award there, provided all other criteria are met?
New Funding Opportunities
- RFA-CA-15-017, Big Data to Knowledge (BD2K) Development of Software Tools and Methods for Biomedical Big Data in Targeted Areas of High Need
- PAR-15-313, Research to Advance Vaccine Safety (R21)
- PAR-15-312, Research to Advance Vaccine Safety (R01)
- RFA-DK-15-030, Type 1 Diabetes Pathfinder Award
- RFA-DK-15-018, Understanding the Pathogenesis and Etiology of Type 1 Diabetes Using Biosamples and Subjects From Clinical Studies
- PHS-2016-1, Solicitation of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Contract Proposals
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.