August 19, 2015 NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Over the next few months, we'll explore common application pitfalls and how to sidestep them, with advice from those in the know: program and scientific review officers who have years of experience overseeing the grant process.
Opportunities and Resources
You could compete for contract funds through this year's Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) solicitation.
Type 1 diabetes is the focus of three recent funding opportunity announcements in which NIAID is participating with the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
The NIH and CDC are interested in research that will explore potential connections between vaccines and certain diseases.
Innovative development of analytical methods and software tools are needed to address the needs of the biomedical research community, especially within fields that use big data.
In The News
Through a new request for information, NIAID is gathering information about multivalent filovirus vaccine candidates including those that incorporate technological enhancements and may also include a Lassa Fever vaccine component.
- New Guidance on Use of Dried Blood Spots From Newborn Screening
- NIH Seeks Feedback Before Restructuring of Grant Application Instructions
- Stay Informed of eRA Technical Upgrades
In FY 2016 NIAID will most likely be operating under a continuing resolution.
- Can postdoctoral trainees end their T32 appointment early if awarded an F32?
- Do PDs/PIs of T32 grants need to be certified or examined for human subjects research?
New Funding Opportunities
- PAR-15-330, Integrated Preclinical/Clinical AIDS Vaccine Development Program (IPCAVD)
- RFA-AI-15-038, Nonhuman Primate Reagent Resource
- PA-15-329, Administrative Supplements for Research on Sexual and Gender Minority (SGM) Populations
- PAR-15-328, Ethical, Legal, and Policy Issues in HIV Research With Key Populations (R01)
- PAR-15-327, Ethical, Legal, and Policy Issues in HIV Research With Key Populations (R21)
- PA-15-322, Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (Admin Supp)
- PA-15-321, Research Supplements to Promote Reentry Into Biomedical and Behavioral Research Careers (Admin Supp)
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org