February 4, 2015, NIAID Funding News
Read this full issue online at http://www.niaid.nih.gov/
Sending the Same Application Again: When Should You Stop? NIH lets you submit your research grant application repeatedly, which begs the question: when should you stop trying?Read the full article.
Opportunities and Resources
Develop Big Data Experiences for Undergrads Don't miss this chance to get funding for innovative big data research experiences or curriculum development for undergrads, particularly students from underrepresented backgrounds. Read the full article.
Assistance Needed to Carry Out Malaria Vaccine Trials The Laboratory of Malaria Immunology and Vaccinology (LMIV) seeks contractors to conduct clinical trials that investigate initial safety, immunogenicity, and biologic impact of LMIV-developed vaccine candidates. Read the full article.
In The News
NIH Reissues K99/R00 Parent FOA Last month, NIH reissued the NIH Pathway to Independence Award (Parent K99/R00) parent funding opportunity announcement (FOA). Read the full article.
- Adjustment to February Receipt Dates
- NIH Issues Updated Diversity Statement
- See the List of Legislative Mandates That Affect NIH Funding
- Recognition of Same-Sex Spouses and Marriages
- Upcoming Funding for Global Infectious Disease Research Administration
Wondering Whether Wintry Weather Delays Due Dates? Welcome to midwinter in the northern hemisphere! Here's a table summarizing how snow days at NIH or your institution might affect your application's due date and lateness. Read the full article.
The True Last Step for Grants.gov Submission Here’s a tip from our friends at NIH eSubmission Items of Interest: after you submit an application to Grants.gov, you should be able to view every part of the application in the eRA Commons. Read the full article.
- How is expedited Council review different from full Council meetings?
- If my application is submitted and reviewed in one fiscal year, but the grant is not awarded until the next fiscal year, under which fiscal year is the award classified?
New Funding Opportunities
- PA-15-107, Role of Exosomes in HIV Pathogenesis
- PA-15-106, Novel Biomarkers for the Development of HIV Incidence Assays with Improved Specificity (R21)
- PA-15-105, Novel Biomarkers for the Development of HIV Incidence Assays with Improved Specificity (R01)
- RFA-AI-14-064, Systems Biology and Antibacterial Resistance
See other announcements at NIAID Funding Opportunities List.
Send suggestions or comments to email@example.com .