A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Health Tip: Maintaining Healthy Habits
Suggestions to keep weight offTuesday, February 24, 2015
(HealthDay News) -- Losing those extra pounds represents only half of the challenge -- the other half is keeping the weight off.
The Weight-control Information Network offers these maintenance tips:
- Make sure you vary your routine with new exercises and activities, a new workout buddy, and new recipes and foods.
- Reward yourself for keeping the lost weight off.
- Create a plan to help you deal with setbacks, such as by creating an alternate exercise plan if weather is bad or you're injured.
- Pack healthy snacks and choose healthier restaurant options if you're traveling or dining out.
- Don't give up if you do have a setback.
- Re-evaluate your goals and challenge yourself in new ways, such as by cutting down on unhealthy foods or adding more exercise to your week.
Copyright (c) 2015 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
- More Health News on:
- Healthy Living
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario