miércoles, 24 de julio de 2013

My story, my father. - Von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) community - RareConnect

My story, my father. - Von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) community - RareConnect

RARECONNECT
Online Communities For Rare Disease Patients
Finding out Von-Hippel Lindau disease, an inherited genetic cancer syndrome, was in our family
RareConnect

My story, my father.


Hello! My story is not very long, but I would like to make it known on this forum ... My name is Carlos, and I am 19 years old. I'm from Barcelona, Spain, and this is my story.
Written by carlosromerosoto, published 10 days ago.
See ... it was a quiet day when I received a message from my sister telling me that my other sister was in the hospital emergency room for head pain... Soon, after several tests, VHL was discovered.
By then, I started searching for information about VHL and its consequences, and saw it was hereditary ...
Then I remembered that my father, some time ago, was sick, always at the doctor ... and had surgery several times. He would not say why he had the surgery ... but, why wouldn’t he tell me? Shortly after, I also learned that my father knew it was hereditary ... That angered me even more than I already was. He could have told me before!
After all this, I visited Dr. Ignacio Blanco at the genetic counseling 'department. I asked for blood tests, and after a while, the fateful news came. I have VHL.
I've done several tests, MRI, kidney ultrasound, etc ... At the moment I have nothing, and I hope it lasts.
Thanks for reading my story!
Written by carlosromerosoto, published 10 days ago.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario