Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.
Reviews and Commentaries on Science & Technology
- Clinical relevance of pharmacogenetics in gastrointestinal stromal tumor treatment in the era of personalized therapy
Angelini S, et al. Pharmacogenomics 2013 Jun;14(8):941-56
- Progress in global surveillance and response capacity 10 years after severe acute respiratory syndrome.
Braden CR et al. Emerging Infectious Diseases, Jun 2013
- Personalized cardiovascular medicine: concepts and methodological considerations.
Völzke H, Schmidt CO, Baumeister SE, Ittermann T, et al. Nat Rev Cardiol. 2013 Jun;10(6):308-16.
- Million veterans sequenced.
Josh P Roberts Nature Biotechnology, June 10
- Biology: The big challenges of big data
Vivien Marx Nature 498,255–260 Jun 13
- Role of interactions in pharmacogenetic studies: leukotrienes in asthma
Via M, et al. Pharmacogenomics 2013 Jun;14(8):923-9
- Citizen science as a novel scientific instrument, by Caren Cooper, PLoS Blogs, Jun 12
- The promise in unraveling the mysteries of rare diseases, National Public Radio, Jun 10
- Public awareness of direct-to-consumer genetic tests, National Cancer Institute, HINTS, 2013 survey data
- What happened when I had my genome sequenced? Carole Cadwalladr, The Observer, Jun 8
- The challenge of personalizing health care, David Nash, Managed Care
- Epigenetics on the edge of human nature, goodbye to all that, by Jason Antrosio, Human Nature, Jun8
- “Epigenetics: Hope your week went well. It may have messed with your genes” by Nessa Carey, Nautilus, Jun 2013
- Equity in public health: An epigenetic perspective
Stapleton G, Schröder-Bäck P, Townend D Public Health Genomics 2013
- Data emphasise need for comprehensive analysis of mtDNA in mitochondrial disease patients, Medical News Today, Jun 10
- Sequencing studies in human genetics: design and interpretation [PDF 609.58 KB]
David B. Goldstein et al. Nature Review Genetics, Jun 2013
- Pleiotropy in complex traits: challenges and strategies.
Nadia Solovieff et al. Nature Review Genetics, Jun 11