The Office of Public Health Genomics (OPHG) provides updated and credible information on how genomic
information and family health history can improve health and influence policy and practice. We highlight
news and information on the use of genomic tests and other applications, including family health history,
in clinical and public health practice and programs, along with relevant data, policy, and legislation. We hope the update is informative to practitioners, policy makers, consumers, and researchers. Please send
your comments to: email@example.com.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation: There are 30,000 children and adults affected with cystic fibrosis in the United States and 70,000 worldwide
- CDC facts about cystic fibrosis [PDF 298.67 KB]
- Did you know that all 50 states conduct newborn screening for cystic fibrosis?
- Cystic fibrosis is of 31 core disorders recommended for newborn screening by The Secretary's Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children
- Newborn screening: Info for new parents (Cystic Fibrosis Foundation)
- Was your baby diagnosed with cystic fibrosis? Watch videos on CF infant care (Cystic Fibrosis Foundation)