jueves, 26 de marzo de 2020

Dr. Richard Stone, VHA Executive in Charge: VA is here for Veterans duri...



VA has always been here for Veterans — and we will continue to be here for you during the COVID-19 crisis. Whether you need a prescription, telemedicine or in-person care, you can rely on VA. Here is a recent message from Dr. Richard Stone, executive in charge of the Veterans Health Administration and a former U.S. Army combat physician.
My name is Rich Stone. I have the privilege of being the executive in charge of the Veterans health care system. What that means is I get to lead the health care system that you and I use as Veterans.  
I, like you, am a Veteran. I get my care at VA hospitals, and all of these events regarding coronavirus are frankly concerning for the continuity of my own health care as well as yours. I know you’re all concerned, and I want to talk to you today about the types of things that you can do to help us and help your fellow Veterans get through this crisis.  
Number one, I want to reassure you that we will be here for you throughout this crisis. There will always be capacity in our system for you as a Veteran to be seen should you choose to do so. In addition, our community care program continues to work hard to make sure that civilian doctors are available if that’s what you choose.
But in times of great pressure on the health care systems with increasing numbers of coronavirus patients, it could be that your civilian provider is not available. I want you to know that we are. I would ask you to call your local VA Medical Center, talk to them. It may take us a few minutes to answer the phone during periods of very high demand, but we will be here.
We’ll help you refill a prescription. We’ll do a telemedicine visit if that’s appropriate, and we’ll see you in person if you need us. We are going to be here just like we have been for the last hundred years. And if you have any questions, talk to your provider. Call us, and we look forward to working with you as we work our way through these unprecedented times. Thank you very much. 
For the latest VA updates on COVID-19, visit https://www.va.gov/coronavirus

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario