On behalf of the Fogarty International Center at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the following funding opportunities, notices and announcements may be of interest to those working in the field of global health research. Updates are typically distributed once a week.
Top NIH Funding News
Important news from NIH for all grantees.
- Review of Grants Information for Fiscal Year 2015 (NOT-OD-15-160)
As NIH's fiscal year comes to a close on September 30, 2015, NIH encourages grantee officials to verify the accuracy of the FY2015 award information reflected in NIH systems to ensure the most complete and accurate information is reflected in FY15 reports. > More
NIH funding opportunities focusing on global health and foreign collaboration.
- Planning for Regional Centers of Research Excellence in Non-communicable Diseases in Low and Middle Income Countries (P20) (RFA-CA-15-007)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 10, 2015; August 23, 2016
- Related blog post: New Planning Grant Announced Promotes NCD Research
National Cancer Institute Center for Global Health Spotlight blog, September 21, 2015
NIH funding opportunities for which foreign organizations, foreign components of U.S. organizations and/or other foreign components may apply.
- Research on the Mechanisms and/or Behavioral Outcomes of Multisensory Processing (R01) (PA-15-347)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): Multiple dates, see announcement.
- Integrative Neuroscience Initiative on Alcoholism (INIA) Consortia(Collaborative U01) (RFA-AA-16-004)
Application Receipt Date(s): March 10, 2016
- Clinical, Behavioral and Physiological Research Testing Current and Novel Closed Loop Systems (DP3) (RFA-DK-16-009)
Application Receipt Date(s): June 28, 2016
- Multidisciplinary Approaches for Developmental Research with Individuals with Disorders of Sexual Development (DSD) (R01) (RFA-HD-16-021), (R03) (RFA-HD-16-022) and (R21) (RFA-HD-16-023)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 09, 2015
- Using Omics to Define Human Placental Development and Function Across Pregnancy (R01) (RFA-HD-16-036) and (R21) (RFA-HD-16-037)
Application Receipt Date(s): December 18, 2015
- Limited Competition: Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (U24) (RFA-CA-15-502)
Application Receipt Date(s): February 08, 2016
Note: Foreign components are allowed if they are Canadian institutions.
- Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program (P42) (RFA-ES-15-019)
Application Receipt Date(s): April 11, 2016
- Child Neurologist Career Development Program (CNCDP) (K12) (RFA-NS-16-003)
Application Receipt Date(s): November 18, 2015, and June 14, 2016
- BRAIN Initiative:
- Next-Generation Invasive Devices for Recording and Modulation in the Human Central Nervous System (UG3/UH3) (RFA-NS-16-009)
Clinical Studies to Advance Next-Generation Invasive Devices for Recording and Modulation in the Human Central Nervous System(UH3) (RFA-NS-16-010)
Application Receipt Date(s): April 26, 2016
- Pre-Applications for Industry Partnerships to Provide Early Access to Devices for Stimulation and Recording in the Human Central Nervous System (X02) (PAR-15-345)
Application Receipt/Submission Date(s): November 18, 2015
NIH funding news that may be relevant to global health researchers.
- Notice of Announcement of Public Consultation on Antimicrobial Resistance Rapid, Point-of-Care Diagnostic Test Challenge (NOT-OD-15-155)
- ASSIST Now an Option for Small Business Grant Applications (NOT-OD-15-156)
- Request for Information (RFI) on Science Drivers Requiring Capable Exascale High Performance Computing (NOT-GM-15-122)
- Notice of an Additional Application Due Date for PAR-13-343 "NeuroNEXT Clinical Trials (U01)" (NOT-NS-15-042)
- Fulbright-Fogarty Fellows in Public HealthFellowships application deadline: October 13, 2015
- Ecology and Evolution of Infectious Diseases (EEID)
Application deadline: November 18, 2015
- Planning for Regional Centers of Research Excellence in Non-communicable Diseases in Low and Middle Income Countries (P20) (RFA-CA-15-007)from the National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Application deadline: December 10, 2015
- New: Emerging Global Leader Award for LMIC scientists
Application deadline: December 16, 2015
- Global Brain Disorders Research R21 and R01
Application deadline: January 5, 2016
- International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) for U.S. scientists
Application deadline: March 2, 2016