The Fogarty International Center at the National Institutes of Health wishes you a happy and festive holiday season!
Fogarty looks back at the top NIH global health research news throughout 2014. Revisit these news stories, which topped the list for readers of Fogarty's Global Health Matters newsletter.
Top NIH global health research news stories of 2014
- NIH accelerates clinical trials of Ebola vaccines
- US-Africa summit encourages investments in health
- Fogarty launches strategic plan to meet new global health needs
- Chronic diseases threaten progress against HIV/AIDS: Scientists propose urgent NCD research agenda
- African medical education is being transformed by US program, journal articles report
- Fogarty launches program to advance mHealth research
- Fogarty encourages use of technology in research
- NIH celebrates a decade of brain disorders research
- Fogarty-supported researchers spur Alzheimer's research in Colombia
- Research needed to treat sickle cell disease in Africa
- Global research is vital for deafness, speech disorders
- Hookah smoking poses health risks, NIH studies show