SchoolVaxView Publications and Resources
Each year CDC publishes reports and other documents based on school vaccination surveys and other data sources.
- Seither R, Masalovich S, Knighton CL, Mellerson J, Singleton JA, Greby SM. Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten — United States, 2013-14 School Year. MMWR. 2014:63(41);913-920.
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten — United States, 2012-13 School Year.MMWR. 2013:62(30);607-612.
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten — United States, 2011-12 School Year.MMWR. 2012:61(33);647-652.
- Vaccination Coverage Among Children in Kindergarten — United States, 2009-10 School Year.MMWR. 2011:60(21);700-704.
Some states post their state or local level school vaccination coverage assessment reports online. The local data may help parents understand the risks for vaccine-preventable diseases and the benefits of vaccinations for their children.
SchoolVaxView Objectives, Targets, and Indicators
- Objective IID-10: Maintain vaccination coverage levels for children in kindergarten
- Objective IID-19: Increase the number of States collecting kindergarten vaccination coverage data according to CDC minimum standard
SchoolVaxView School Vaccination Requirements and Exemptions
All 50 states and the District of Columbia require certain vaccinations for children entering schools.
Use this tool to learn about childcare, kindergarten, middle school, college, and university vaccination requirements for school entry.
Additional information: State mandates on immunization and vaccine-preventable diseases.
Use this tool to learn about the temporary or permanent medical, religious, and philosophical exemptions allowed by each state.
Use this tool to link to websites for state health departments, immunization programs, and requirements.
SchoolVaxView Data Reports
The school vaccination assessment reports contain data on vaccinations received, vaccination exemption totals, school and student enrollment numbers, and awardee survey methods and validation. The reports can be searched by school year, school grade, and awardee. The data in these reports are not corrected to accurately describe the school population. Accurate data are provided in the school vaccination coverage MMWR articles.
The available report options are:
See also: Why school assessments are important
State and national school vaccination assessment reports
Note: Only data published in the MMWR Weekly Report for the 2009-10 school years have been verified. All other data have not been verified nor confirmed with the reporting states, cities, and territories, and may contain some inaccuracies.
2010-2011 | 2009-2010 | 2008-2009 | 2007-2008 | 2006-2007 | 2005-2006 | 2004-2005 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003