July 29, 2014
Thank you for your interest in the Model Aquatic Health Code (MAHC), a collaborative effort of public health, academia, and industry working to protect individuals, families, and communities from preventable waterborne diseases and injuries through evidence-based guidance. Our vision is “Healthy and Safe Aquatic Experiences for Everyone.” Read below for the latest information.
The Conference for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC)
2014 CMAHC Organizational Meeting
“Be In From the Beginning”
Wednesday, October 8, 2014 - 8am-2pm
This FREE organizational meeting will give public health officials and members of the aquatics industry the unique opportunity to help form the Conference for the Model Aquatic Health Code (CMAHC), which will become the preeminent organization for pool and spa standard of care across the country. The CMAHC is a non-profit organization formed to serve the key role of collecting, assessing, and relaying national input on needed revisions to the MAHC back to CDC for final consideration for acceptance.
The workshop will be held Wednesday, October 8, 2014, 8am-2pm at the DoubleTree by Hilton, 1000 NE Multnomah Street, Portland, Oregon. Meeting registration is free; email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for both the CMAHC meeting and the corresponding World Aquatic Health Conference (WAHC), which will also feature sessions about the MAHC, visit the WAHC website. Meeting information will be updated as the meeting approaches at http://www.cmahc.org/newsroom.
php. Consider joining the CMAHC now at http://www.cmahc.org/ membership.php.
1) Setting the Stage
- Background on the MAHC and process
- Reasons for forming the CMAHC
2) Proposing a CMAHC Structure
- Strawman review
- Broad overview discussion
3) Solidifying the CMAHC Structure and Operation
- Maximizing member input
- Triaging and vetting member ideas
- Organizational needs to make this happen
- Voting and decision making
4) Additional CMAHC Role Possibilities
- Research agenda
- Tools and toolkits
- Adoption and technical assistance
5) Making it Happen: CMAHC October, 2015
- Planning CMAHC October, 2015
- Membership, volunteer sign-up