Quit Smoking with Mobile Resources from NCI
NCI has added a new app to its collection of tools and resources to help people quit smoking. NCI QuitPal, a free app for iPhone or iPad, puts proven quit strategies and tools at smokers' fingertips, whenever they need them.
The app contains more than 10 interactive features that allow users to set a quit date and financial goals and to receive reminders. NCI QuitPal also
- Tracks daily smoking habits with an easy-to-use calendar;
- Includes motivational reminders that coincide with progress;
- Sends health milestones and craving tips;
- Allows users to connect with social networks and view personalized video messages from loved ones; and
- Makes it easy to access NCI's free Cancer Information Service by phone or live chat.
To download the app, search "NCI QuitPal" at the App Store or visit the Smokefree.gov website.
NCI has a number of other mobile resources to help people quit smoking, including SmokefreeTXT, SmokefreeTXT en Español, QuitSTART for teens, and the Quit Guide app.
NCI recently released the Quit Guide app for Android. Users who download the Quit Guide from Amazon , Google Play , or iTunes will get insight into what to expect and how to deal with problems that come up during the journey to becoming smokefree.